Friday, November 4, 2022

To Blog or not to Blog?

That is the question. 

I'm still pretty new at all this -- I started to write my first novel last year at 46 years old, which I believe is a bit older than most new writers out there. I'm told I need a blog and a website, but I don't really know what to do with them yet. 

So, if you're listening, I'd love some feedback -- I like the posts that I've written so far, but I don't know if they're the right kinds of posts to do what it's supposed to do. If that makes sense. 

On the one hand, I kind of enjoy blogging (and I think I'm okay at it for an old guy); on the other hand, I'd rather suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune than market myself. 

2 comments:

  1. I am a staunch believer in authors having a blog. I think they're incredible, yet under-utilized marketing tools. If you pay attention to what your readers want, blogging is such an amazing thing. I'd love to see some short stories in the future. That sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It feels weird to put work into it when not many people are reading it (I was going to say nobody, but now I can't - thank you!), but it is fun for me to write about my process. Hopefully once I start selling books & stories people will find and enjoy the blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Psycho Killer, Qu'est-ce que c'est? (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Being a Serial Killer)

I didn't plan to become a serial killer; it just kind of happened. Hang on, I should probably back up a little bit here. And, before any...